Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Wonderful Mother's Day!

This weekend was full of celebrating Mom! We took her to dinner, to lunch, made her lunch, had Grandma's cheesecake, bought her little presents, took walks with the dogs, went out on a boat, and went to bed early. It was everything that Mom loves! But here are a few reasons I love my mom:


1. She wasn't upset that I forgot her card at school!


2. Support- no matter what I want to do, from gymnastics, to career paths, to boyfriends, Mom always knows best and knows the best ways to help me through the tough times. I am about to graduate with my Master's and I definitely needed her support through this intense year of school.


3. Learning- Mom is always learning- no matter if she was staying home with us, in school, or teaching it, she was always making herself better. And reading, without her I would have no one to give me book recommendations or to read to me when I was little.


4. Hugs- she gives good hugs- and 4 hugs a day is the minimum!


5. Courage- We moved lots and lots of times growing up- and every time mom made sure everything came with us, we knew where to go to school and church and gymnastics and she set up our home. She had the courage to make new friends and be strong for us.


6. Love- Unconditional love is the best. It is good for when you are in bad moods and don't want to be nice! I know no matter what I do, my mom will be there with love.


7. Talk- Mom is always there to talk to, complain to, worry to, laugh to, be excited to, celebrate to, or just listen. 


8. Friend- Although growing up I didn't always tell my mom things (and she reminded me often that Holly told her stuff), I now hardly go a day without calling my mom and telling her all about my life. I am so lucky to have a mom that can be not only all of the things above, but always my friend. Someone to go to lunch with, and gossip with, and just hang out with. I LOVE YOU, MOM!


No comments:

Post a Comment