Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Good byes & paradise

Justin, Chris, Dan & Billy at the end of the night
Getting engaged requires lots of toasting, celebrating, and smiling! Last Friday, we headed to DC to celebrate the engagement with college friends and Marines. We all went out dancing in Arlington and had a great time! The next day, we were up bright and early to get back to Philadelphia! (I swear we traveled about 2,000 miles while Dan was on leave!) Once we got there we headed straight to Donna's Dance Works recital! All of Dan's nieces were so so so cute dancing and his sister choreographed amazing dances for the older girls. Dan and I even had special recognition for our engagement :)


After a Phillies game and a quick trip to the Jersey shore, we were back in Philly for our engagement pictures and hanging out with Dan's friends. All during this time, my amazing sister had been sending me tons and tons of venues (more on the venue search later!) so on our way back to Fredericksburg we visited two. Then it was more packing and time to say good bye to Dan.


The morning I left for the beach Mom, Dan, and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. When we were sitting outside talking, an older lady looked at us and said, "There is nothing like young love." It was so sweet- she was there with her husband and friends just enjoying their day. One day that will be us : )



The view from the porch
After our good byes, I was off to my favorite place on earth- DeBordieu. While I wish that Dan was here, it makes it is definitely not an easy place to be sad. My cousins, who graciously let me stay with them, rented a new house this year and it is right on the beach. The first thing you see when you walk through the door is the ocean! It has a beautiful front porch with rockers and is steps from the ocean- paradise. I have two weeks in this amazing place and then I must start planning for the real world! And just when I thought the beach house couldn't get any better, my fiance sends me flowers : )

No comments:

Post a Comment