Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Rally to Restore Sanity / Halloween

This weekend was a lot of fun, but very tiring! Friday I met Danny in Fredericksburg. We then went to a new Japanese Buffet (which had every food imaginable even if it wasn't Japanese. On another side note, I tried sushi- ew.) We then headed to Target for a few last minute Halloween items and on the way back to Annacostia a few on Dan's friends called and wanted us to go to a bar on King Street in Alexandria. Most likely because I had had a lot of caffeine at the restaurant, I agreed. The bar was called Rock-it Bar and they had karaoke so it was fun to listen to people sing! 


Saturday morning, we woke up and headed in to the National Mall for The Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. As we are walking down the mall, Dan informs me that he had no idea where we were going or who Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert are; he just agreed because I wanted to go. Poor boy with no cable TV! I explained and he was a bit more excited. The rally was a lot of fun- there were SO many people and lots of musical guests (The Roots, Sheryl Crow, Kid Rock). There were also lots of entertaining signs! We left a bit early so that we could get home to get ready for the night time festivities but I enjoyed it- it was a beautiful day which helped!


The Capitol Building from our vantage point

Danny and I at the Rally!


After getting home, we left about 10 minutes later to head back into DC to Megan's. (Side note: I was an awesome Metro navigator- score!) We got ready there and then went in to Nightmare on M Street. There were lots of people there as well, but it was fun! The bar played good music and just looking at everyones' costumes was entertaining! 


Everyone ready to go out!

Megan and Molly were the Double Mint Twins, Hunter and Tommy were Buzz and Woody, Sierra was Audrey Hepburn, Dan was The Hulk and I was a Marine. It was a good time, but again a lot of walking. I think we walked at least 10 miles that day! My feet were unhappy!

Sunday morning we had breakfast with Holly before heading back to Fredericksburg for football, relaxing, and a cul-de-sac Halloween get together. Danny had his first s'more!! Im not so sure that he was impressed! Tomorrow he is off to Jakarta (no more India and South Korea) for about 12 days; should be an interesting time.

There are only 5 weeks left in the semester and 3 until Thanksgiving! I cannot believe how time flies- Hello November! Hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween- what were you?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment