Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ahh

I am almost done with my first summer session of grad school! It was only about 5 weeks long, but it is still amazing to me how fast time goes by. I have survived and done very well in all of my classes, so it's nice to know that I can handle the school work.


Things only get busier from here though... The next summer session starts next Tuesday. I have two classes again for that month and then a bit off. Then I am taking a crazy amount of classes and doing practicum. I know all of this hard work will be worth it, but its going to be a crazy year. Between work and homework, practicum and classes, Im not sure how Im going to have time to breathe. However, I do know that this is showing me that I think I will enjoy teaching. The thought of making up lessons and units and lesson plans excites me. I know that all of them will not be great and that some of them will fail utterly. But I believe that W&M will teach me how to make them better... and hopefully me a better teacher.


It is still crazy to me that this time next year I will be preparing for my first teaching job (hopefully I can get one!). I will be a licensed teacher. When did I become old enough to be the teacher and not the student? Im really not sure, but Im looking forward to it. And until then, Im going to try to enjoy being the student for as long as I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment