Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The end and the beginning

Oh my, it has been a while.  Here it goes:


The end:


Danny and I went to TGI Fridays... I dont even know when, but before I left for school. It was 80's night there and we had seen Sex and the City prior to dinner, so overall it was wonderful. It is also the last restaurant on the list. : ( So, I guess that we completed our mission. We learned a lot- how to get around central park, the best cheese fries (Ledo's), the best margaritas (Cheeseburger in Paradise), new choices, and that Long John Silver's is horrible. It was a fun ride, and while Im glad not to have to be in Central Park to eat, its kinda sad. Mainly, because I have left Fredericksburg and having seen Danny in a week... thats probably it.


The beginning:
Grad school. They tell you its going to be more work, and boy are they right. They told you going into college the same thing, but this is way more intense. I have two classes this summer session and it is only a month long. Classes are 4 hours long and the amount of time outside of class spent reading and doing other work is amazing. I like my classes, mainly, and believe that I am learning a lot, but boy is it exhausting. 


I also have a new job. I am the graduate assistant for the financial aid office. This is also a lot to learn about- so coupled with school, my brain is done. The last two nights I have literally dreamed about people asking me about loans and grants and not knowing the answers. The office manager I work with is new as well, so we work together to try to figure things out. All in all I really like it and Im learning. After all of the students get here, it will slow down a lot. Until then, my phone rings constantly.


It is nice to have my own place again. Williamsburg is BEAUTIFUL, a little hot, but there are lots of old trees to provide shade. Everything is old and historic and I love it. Until you try to drive or get run over by tourists... oh the joys of living in a tourist trap. But overall, I really like it. My apartment is nice, my roommate is great, and it is a great experience. After a year, however, I am going to be very tired. 


I shall try to write things down more often. A: it makes me feel better and B: later in life these will be good things to remember. But for now, I am off for my last homework assignment of the weekend... I think. Then it is back to the craziness of the work and school week...

No comments:

Post a Comment