Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

A Happy Post

After reading over my recent posts, they have been about stitches and surgery far too much. So I promise not to mention it.. except to tell you that I'm not going mention it.

This weekend was full of family! On Friday after work I met Mom in Richmond to celebrate my cousin Jack's 8th birthday. It was so much fun to see how excited he was about presents, cake, ice cream, and his party the next day. I forgot just how exciting birthdays are to little ones. Now they come and go, with lots of Facebook happy birthdays and not much fanfare. The older you are the more you dread them... but we all need to keep that childish excitement that comes with the one day a year that is about us! However, seeing as my birthday is Friday and this excitement has not come yet, it is easier said than done.

The next day, we got up bright and early to head to Greensboro, North Carolina. The drive wasnt bad and it was so good to see Erin! It has been 2 years. Her time in Japan is so interesting - some things I learned.
-There are entrance exams to public high school.
-It is a cash based society- people carry around $500 with them wherever they go. Since crime is so low, no one thinks anything of it.
-There is no such thing as a dryer.

She shared many other interesting stories of her travels and I think we've convinced her to come home this summer... maybe. Grandma, 2 of my aunts and uncles, and one of my other cousins came from various parts of North Carolina; it was nice to get to catch up and eat good food!

On Sunday, we got up and headed home. Mom decided to take the scenic route and boy was it scenic. We went through the tiniest towns and random industrial parks. A very interseting tour of Virginia. Once I got home I did a little bit of grocery shopping and got ready for the week.

Now it is Monday and Danny is coming! Were going to enjoy the beautiful weather and do a bit of shopping! 
Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment