Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Big Move!

*If you are wondering the results of the poll, I will get to them soon! Once I get settled in the house and at school, wedding mode will continue!*


Saturday, Mom and I moved from Winchester to Fredericksburg. We had A LOT of furniture, boxes, clothes, and everything else. The truck went from this:

To this:


It was was full before we knew it. Luckily we got everything in! We also had more furniture in Winchester. Needless to say we had a lot of stuff- and a lot of big stuff at that. If it wasn't for the AMAZING help of 6 wonderful Marines, we never would have made it. We would still be trying to get stuff in to the truck. The guys were so fast, so sweet, and so good! I (and Dan!) owe them big time!

And they are pretty cute too!


Once these wonderful guys moved tons of furniture, I was left with this:
Cozy, right?
So, off I went organizing all of my stuff, attempting to find homes for all of it. By the end of the day we were here:

Everything at least somewhat had a place! I still needed some more storage (a bookshelf make over to come in another post), and all of my school stuff needs to find a home. I didn't acquire sheets until the next day, and I am still in need of a dust ruffle! However, art has been ordered for the bare walls, and a little plant action for some life. So, hopefully, it will all be together by the end of the week! Well, maybe not the dust ruffle...

It is very nice to be back in Winchester, however. No more Route 3! It is easy to get places! And I get to run into people (like the family I babysat for!!!) in Martin's. Barb and Kelley can stop by after jazzercise just to say hi, and other people are just 2 minutes away. FCPS orientation was today and everyone was so nice. I think it's going to be a good year : )




No comments:

Post a Comment