Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Makeover!



So I am still getting all settled into my room and trying to make it homey! I wanted a fun piece of furniture to give me more storage, but also be fun!


Enter:
I am told that this lovely white bookshelf has been in Sarah's room for a long time. Like since she was a baby (there were a few stray crayon marks on it to provide evidence!) So while, functional, I wanted it to be fun too! 


I would love to be the most crafty person in the world and be able to make all sorts of fun things, but generally I am not. I have never painted furniture and my sister is the more crafty one, but I did a lot of research and jumped into it! 


I went to Lowe's and bought primer, a paint sample, sand paper, and a few paintbrushes. I found some cute paper at Michael's and I was off to work!




I painted the bookshelf a pretty light blue color and the background was a cute paper! Here is how it turned out:



I think it turned out really well!! I did make one small mistake- 10 points to you if you can find it! Here it is with some more stuff on it:

Functional and cute- Im pretty proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment