Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

{M+D} Let's hear it for the girls!

Bridesmaid dresses. To most, it is a horrible phrase. They even made a movie about how bad bridesmaids dresses can be, and mocking the phrase "at least they can wear it again!" I will admit, bridesmaids dress shopping is hard. I want all my girls to look good and they all have different body types, hair colors, skin tones, and styles. I want them to be comfortable and feel beautiful, too! So, what to do, what to do....


My colors are pink, grey, and white. BUT, I feel like the pink is so muted, everyone will be washed out by them.
(These girls are all nice and tan, so it works a little better... but they have no shape, or style really and definitely would not be worn again.)


And grey dresses with grey tuxes, might be grey overload.
 

These dresses are pretty, and maybe with white on top would give contract to the guys tuxes... but still unsure.

So, what I really want is...pattern!



I love this dress! And it comes in three different styles... but it might be a little bright. My color is a lighter pink, but I definitely want to use different shades to give depth. It could be catigorized under the "fun" aspect of the wedding style, but would probably look a little funny next to a grey tux though... However, I think if we used pattern, we would be able to bring in the pink and white and still look pretty. Any suggestions? I can't seem to find patterned bridesmaid dresses anywhere. Or regular dresses in a pattern I like.

Oh, and I can't forget my little girls! I have the two most adorable flower girls! My inspiration for them is tutus!




Source: littlemoos.com.au via Madeline on Pinterest


Dan's mom owns a dance studio, so Danny grew up dancing, along with his sisters and now my flower girls! I think they would be fun while still be elegant and I know the girls will feel right at home in them. Plus, you can't get much cuter than a tutu!



No comments:

Post a Comment